IN PRIVATE PRACTICE
We represent our clients in all aspects of trademark law. We act directly before the German Patent and Trademark Office in Munich and Jena, the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) in Alicante, Spain, and before the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in Geneva, Switzerland. In all other countries BEST Rechtsanwälte cooperates with an international network of specialized national trademark agents and law firms which rank among the finest and best known in the profession.
Our services include:
- Worldwide availability searches;
- Filing and prosecuting national applications before the German Patent and Trademark Office, filing and prosecuting European Union Trademark applications before EUIPO and filing and prosecuting applications for international registrations before WIPO;
- Filing and prosecuting national applications through a network of specialized law firms around the world;
- Filing and prosecuting oppositions and cancellation actions against third parties’ applications either directly or through the network of specialized law firms;
- Prosecuting and defending any of these matters in actions brought before the German and European courts as well as enforcing and defending our clients’ rights before any other competent authorities;
- Filing and following up on customs border seizure applications and taking all further appropriate steps to protect our clients’ rights in connection with such measures;
- Conducting walk-through inspections with customs at major trade fairs to stop infringing goods from being offered for sale.
For clients with a certain volume of applications, BEST also offers to enter filing data directly into the clients’ database at no additional cost, thereby substantially decreasing the amount of work required to be carried out by the client.
We work with the client not only to develop general filing and prosecution strategies but also, on a case by case basis, to define the best and most cost effective strategy for the respective purpose.
Above all else, we believe in helping our clients to develop and maintain the best and most cost-effective strategy for filing, registering and renewing their trademarks. This approach makes it possible to create and maintain the highest degree of protection within fixed budget lines. We strive to offer high quality service at competitive rates.